Ike Pono Medical Billing Hawaii takes compliance very serious. Please click here for a copy of our company's policy and procedures.
Mandatory Compliance Programs
Section 6401(a)(7) of the Act requires providers and suppliers enrolled in federal healthcare programs to create and maintain compliance programs as a condition of their continued participation.
Through experience, the OIG has identified 7 fundamental elements to an effective compliance program. They are:
• Implementing written policies, procedures and standards of conduct;
• Designating a compliance officer and compliance committee;
• Conducting effective training and education;
• Developing effective lines of communication;
• Enforcing standards through well publicized disciplinary guidelines;
• Conducting internal monitoring and auditing; and
• Responding promptly to detected offenses and developing corrective action.